Search Bar

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Deadpool Game Review

Deadpool Game Review - PC



Hi this is Vukex reviewing the Deadpool game on PC. Deadpool for all those who don’t know who he is, well he is an anti-hero, a mercenary who is not afraid to kill other characters, he is also known for his sense of humor, in fact because of his personality he got the nickname ''merc with a mouth''. He is from the Marvel comic’s universe, and has his own comic book series. Deadpool is a character that is also known for breaking the '' Fourth wall '' with the audience, which basically means he is aware that he is in a comic book and will interact with you as the reader, and in the game it is no different. He will do a lot of crazy things rarely seen in video games. O yeah and he also has a mad healing factor, maybe the fastest one in the Marvel universe.

Deadpool



First let’s go through the controls and how they behave on the PC. Well like this, the controls behave how they should in most cases, there are occasional camera jumps, especially in fighting scenes, but it’s nothing that bad, and it’s very playable, the controls work how they should and are already binded nicely, but if you would prefer another layout you can rebind them. I would recommend using a wireless gamepad for playing this game. The overall gameplay is fun but yeah it does get repetitive, especially the fighting in the game, I personally didn’t find it boring but they could have done more on it to mix it up. I found the game quite fun and enjoyed my time playing it. Deadpool throws jokes around all the time and the cut scenes are enjoyable to watch.


The graphics are good, not the best, but very enjoyable. The game is colorful and looks nice, me, loving nice graphics in games didn’t have many issues with them. The graphics are what you would expect in a game of this type. Talking about the type, this is a third person action game, and you will be doing a lot of fighting, and I mean a lot! That I think is maybe the biggest problem of the game, that’s because the game throws countless waves of enemies at you it gets repetitive. There are some weapon options and upgrades and they are made nicely only I would have loved if they included more! There is some platforming and puzzles in the game to mix it up and to take a break between the fighting and the waves of enemies but believe me most of the game, well is shooting and cutting waves of enemies. There are a few different types of enemies but I would have enjoyed more content in this area as well. Now don’t get me wrong these are all very minor problems and don’t make the game less enjoyable. I had a lot of fun playing the game, I think it was purposely made ( just like the main character Deadpool ) as a parody of modern games, and it succeeds and pulls it off in an amazing way. There isnt any game I can compare to this one that I have played ( maybe Duke Nukem at least for the comedy, but is nowhere near as good  a game as this one ) and that makes it a unique experience, like the 8 –bit game level it has, you don’t see that in games very often.

Deadpool Review



Now, does the game have a good replay value, well I think it doesn’t, I had fun playing it the first time, but I don’t think I will play it again any time soon, and I am not saying this because it’s a bad game, but because I think it is that type of game. It mostly relies on its jokes and comedy to succeed, and once you have finished the game and experienced all of the cutscenes and jokes, it kind of becomes boring to play it again, like when you first hear a joke it’s funny and all, but after hearing it a few times it’s just nowhere near as funny as the first time.
Deadpool 2016

All in all I have had a fun time playing this game, the story mode is roughly around 6 hours long, and you can replay the chapters in higher difficulty modes with more upgrades. I recommend this game to anyone who is a Deadpool fan or a comic book fan in general because there are other characters appearing from the marvel universe, like the x-men. The graphics are good, the sound is great, and the game and gameplay is fun. Is it worth the price… well I think it is at least, and like I said Deadpool and Marvel fans will love this game.
Thank you for reading, like and follow me for more reviews and gaming news! See you next time!
Deadpool Best

No comments:

Post a Comment